Test Guide Lines
The Willamette Valley Chapter thanks you for your interest, and we hope that you are understanding and patient with the policies that have been established. NAVHDA chapters invest substantial time and money in the hosting of tests. Our policies are established to ensure that we may provide each entrant with the best possible opportunity to test their dog’s skills, further their own training education, and have an enjoyable day with those who share a similar passion.
- Go to NAVHDA National Website www.NAVHDA.org
- Look under: Forms Express Complete “Official Test Entry Form”, YOU MUST include the dog NAVHDA Registration Number (example: GW-002345).
- If dog is not registered with NAVHDA, contact the national office for number assignment. Print the completed form and mail with check to the Test Secretary.
- All refunds will have a $25 handling fee charged at the time of refund.
- If withdrawn more than 90 days prior to test, full refund minus $25 for handling.
- If withdrawn at 45-90 days, you will receive a 50% refund minus $25 for handling.
- If withdrawn at less than 45 days, no refund. Exception: If test is not full and you find a replacement for your test slot, 50% refund (less handling fee).
IMPORTANT NOTES: It is the entrant's responsibility to ensure that all information, including a valid e-mail address (please check your emails' pop-up and spam blocker to ensure email delivery), the dog's valid NAVHDA registration number and payment are received by the Test Secretary. Confirmation will be sent to the entrant's e-mail address. If you don't receive an e-mail confirmation, your dog isn't entered or the e-mail address you provided was incorrect. It's your responsibility to follow up. All checks are deposited upon receipt. When the test reaches maximum capacity, a waiting list will be established and entries will be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis. "First come", is defined as the time and date at which the correct information and payment was received in its entirety.
If you elect to withdraw from the test, you will receive an email confirmation. If you DO NOT receive a confirmation, then you have not been removed from the test list and no refund will be forthcoming. It’s your responsibility to follow up.
One week prior to the testing date, the tentative running order will be emailed to all entrants; however, injuries or “heat” cycles may lead to a last minute change in running order. This information may not be available until the morning of testing. Therefore, all entrants must be at the test site no later than 6:00 am. If weather conditions (i.e. forecast high temperatures) call for an earlier start, entrants will be notified by phone. Tests are an “all-day” event, and entrants should plan on remaining at the test site until roughly 5:00 pm.
Finally, helpers are always needed for test days to assist with planting birds and various other chores. Please contact the test secretary if anybody in your party wishes to participate. They do not need prior experience, we will be happy to show them the ropes. Please let the Test Secretary know if you are a first time NAVHDA entrant. We will be more than happy to provide you with the name and email of an experienced member that could answer any questions you may have.